Welcome to the Studio 1484 website owned and operated by Paul Evans. Studio 1484 sells previously owned items (not including custom picture framing fine art prints, and original art, unless otherwise stated). Minor wear, signs of usage and age should be expected. All items are original and are not restored unless mentioned in the item description; any damages are described and photographed for each item. If you still have questions you’d like answered, please email us before making your purchase as all sales are final.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for any reason.
Studio 1484 uses commercially reasonable efforts to display the colours of all items accurately on the site. However, colours displayed can vary due to the individual computer monitor settings/calibrations. We cannot guarantee that the final product will be an exact match to the colours represented on this site.
All sizes indicated on our website are approximate, rounded to the nearest inch/fraction of an inch. Sizes may vary slightly.
If you have any questions about any of the pieces on this site, please contact us via phone or email and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We accept payment via VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal either through email or telephone. If you are paying for your purchase in person at our studio, you can pay directly with a credit card or cash.
- All Sales are final
- Because vintage and antique items have been pre-owned, they will often show signs of wear appropriate for their age. The item description will typically explain these key points. If you believe we missed something and the item doesn’t match our description, you will be able to exchange the item for a store credit. Please notify us within 48 hours of receipt if you wish to return the item(s).
- An exchange for another item of similar or greater value can be arranged.
- Items returned for exchange must be packaged in the same container as they were shipped.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Notify us immediately upon receipt of any damaged or defective items by calling 1-416-534-8471
Studio 1484 is not responsible for damages that occur during transit with the shipping companies, however, we will ensure that the situation is resolved efficiently and effectively.
We ship via Canada Post, FedEx Ground, and UPS.
- Signature upon delivery is required
- Packages arrive Monday to Friday during business hours
- Shipping Tracking number will be emailed to you to enable you to track the progress of your shipment
- Insurance is included with shipping, based on the size and/or value of the item being purchased.
- PLEASE NOTE: Insurance for artwork is not available through FedEx
Import duty and taxes in your country are your own responsibility. If an item is particularly large or heavy, a shipping charge will not appear at checkout. Please contact us for the best available shipping options to your address.
You will receive a shipping confirmation via email after your order is placed confirming availability and informing you of your shipping date. Shipping dates may be delayed due to out-of-office occurrences; you will be notified in your confirmation email of any shipping delays.
Shipments To The U.S.
Original artwork is duty-free when shipping into the U.S. A clearance fee is charged by the carrier to declare the artwork for US Customs:
- $25.00 for the first thousand ($1000) of value
- An additional $10.00 for every thousand ($1000)
All orders received will be packaged and delivered within 10 to 15 business days once it has cleared US Customs.
Studio 1484 can offer international shipping to most destinations. For all shipments outside Canada and the Continental USA a quotation will be provided once you have made your purchase or submit your inquiry.
Damages IMPORTANT :
- Upon receipt immediately inspect the shipment and note any damages to the crate or package with the shipping carrier prior to opening it.
- Upon opening the crate or package notify Studio 1484 immediately of any damaged or defective items by calling 1-416-534-8471
If you require any further clarification of the terms on this page, please contact us at email@example.com.